Beautiful Fall Thanksgiving day — With a Grateful Heart
My Refuge from the Storm
All my senses are present in this moment… Listen—See—
breathe… inhale… exhale —smell—taste. The
sound of the gentle waterfall draws me closer.
The fish almost a quarter century old swim and jump in the pond. The fish glide through the water effortlessly.
The trees that surround me are a deep, rich, green -coloured rubber leaf that
thrives in the humidity that is released from the pond.
The smell of the spruce trees and pine trees
nearby… so clean and fresh and tall. Inhale… exhale…. Be…be present in this
moment.
I sit in our backyard enjoying the calm, relaxing
spa- like ambience that is mine to luxuriate in. Even as darkness falls, I sit, candles
illuminating the darkness and I remain in this moment… I burn the sounds, the
smells, and the feelings of nurturing my body, into my memory. I am so grateful! I am so grateful for the
sound of the waterfall. I am so grateful for the oxygen that is released in the
air through the trees and the pond. I am so grateful that I am here in this
moment that is just for me to experience.
I am aware of my presence in this moment as I allow myself to permeate
the barrier and move beyond intruding thoughts.
I am peaceful and one with nature. Nature that is mine to relish in.
I am so grateful to our neighbours who have
spent so much time and put so much love in creating this space that I, unbeknownst
to them, luxuriate in. These are moments that invigorate and refresh my
spirit. This peaceful experience calms
and rejuvenates my soul, my spirit, and my voice. I long for this nourishment in the busyness
of my day I anticipate the next luxurious indulgence where I can dwell in stillness.
My refuge from the storm

No comments:
Post a Comment